Friday, October 1, 2010

Fri 10.1 BREAKAWAY

Fri 10.1 BREAKAWAY
Romans 12:1-2
Therefore I urge you, brethren, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies a living and holy sacrifice, acceptable to God, which is your spiritual service of worship.
And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may prove what the will of God is, that which is good and acceptable and perfect.

It takes a tremendous leap of faith to risk ridicule and rejection by BREAKING AWAY from what society pushes us to be and to rather become what and who God wants us to be. Especially if you don't keep your reasons for no longer conforming a secret.

The enemy will use the very people who accepted you unconditionally while your were "with" them to persecute and reject you if you let your life be a holy (set apart for God's use) offering to God. Especially in the US. Personally I am sometimes grateful for this tendency in our secular friends and coworkers because it makes caving in and falling back into who I'm not supposed to be very unattractive.

This song is an autobiographical piece for me. I broke away from a small town with a skewed traditional view of relationship with God. "Get em saved and you're done!"

It was a risk to leave all I knew to come to Myrtle Beach. But all of the best changes in me are BECAUSE I risked failure to Break AWAY.

Now I'm poised to do that again while remaining connected to my church family.
in just a few months.

Will you pray for the next few months for financial doors to be flung wide-open as I continue to seek monthly partners to support the ministry UWM has planted and which I will join by His grace Feb 9th, 2011?
And will you pray about supporting it financially yourself?
When you decide to give, here's how:
1-Go To www.uwm.org (United World Mission)

2-Click DONATE NOW
(bottom middle block (Donate Online / Invest Globally)),

3-Click NEW DONORS (unless you've given before),

4-You'll be asked to create an account where you can make a one-time OR recurring donation.

5-In comments section put Ricardo L. Walker 31348

No comments:

Post a Comment