Monday, October 25, 2010

Mon 10.25 Rachmaninov Rhapsody

Mon 10.25 Rachmaninov - Rhapsody on a Theme by Paganini
Ps 57:7-9
My heart is steadfast, O God,
my heart is steadfast;
I will sing and make music.

Awake, my soul!
Awake, harp and lyre!
I will awaken the dawn
.

I will praise you, O Lord, among the nations;
I will sing of you among the peoples.

This one's for me.

This excerpt from my favorite piece in all of instrumental music. The style is dramatic and yet emotionally profound. It sings, though no words accompany the score.

When I listen,
I remember... it is nostalgia exemplified.
I am filled, alive and there is Light,
and for a moment my soul is carried far above this world of flesh and bone.

Every. Single. Time.

I call it Rapture Practice. I can SEE the lyrics from a previous post...
"the clouds be rolled back as a scroll,
The trump shall resound and the Lord shall descend!"

Dessert for ears, the heart..and the soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment