Thursday, October 21, 2010

Thu 10.21 Starry Night

Thu 10.21 Starry Night
Colossians 1:15-16,19-20
He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. 16 For by him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things were created by him and for him. 19 For God was pleased to have all His fullness dwell in Him, 20 and through Him to reconcile to Himself all things, whether things on earth or things in heaven, by making peace through His blood, shed on the cross.

Request:Shannon Kipe
I've loved this song since the first time I heard it. It reminds me of Autumn Leaves, Les Feuilles Mortes in French, a French Classic. I love the lyrics and the musical style. It's a perfectly well-written psalm. This song brings to mind the verses quoted above. Jesus is the focus and goal of all of creation. I will give my heart to nothing less. He is all we are looking for even if we don't know it!
Shannon is like a sister to me. We often talk about Abby and Layna and making time for them to know me while they are still young enough to forget me when I move. We both get a little teary-eyed when we think about the fast-approaching departure date. Part of your heart always knows that you never have as much time as you wanted with those you love. So we make every moment count.
My deepest prayer is that God will take the offering of time away from loved ones in a foreign culture and plant it as the firstfruits of a harvest of friendships and adopted family linked by our love for Christ and for each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment