Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Wed 10.27 I Need Thee Every Hour

Wed 10.27 I Need Thee Every Hour
Jer 22:16
He defended the cause of the poor and needy,
and so all went well.
Is that not what it means to know me?" declares the LORD.

Song: I Need Thee Every Hour
I need thee every hour, most gracious Lord;
no tender voice like thine can peace afford.

I need thee, O I need thee;
every hour I need thee;
O bless me now, my Savior, I come to thee.

I've been chewing on what parts of Catalyst and the Leadership Summit spoke to me most.
I am wrecked by the testimonies of the people who have been radically changed by seeing the AIDS crisis in Africa, Human Trafficking in EVERY country, even our own, and the numbers of unreached people groups who STILL have NOT heard the Gospel. When any leader speaks with power about how to really build community by BEING the church, by mentoring, in interconnected generations, my heart just burns and the tears come unbidden in affirmation of desire to see the Kingdom come on Earth and the bitter realization that unless we make radical changes it won't happen on our watch.
When truth is presented and it's so simple and clearly from God I can barely contain myself and I think, "God I wannna be part of that!" Then I return to my "reality" and He says stay close to me and you can. Songs like this one remind me that we need Him to accomplish His will. Sound logical but can't you admit you try to do it "for Him?" Instead of "with Him."

Songs like this re-affirm for me how it all hinges on His presence, minute by minute.
Like Moses it makes me say...
"If you don't go with us Lord, I don't wanna go at all!"

No comments:

Post a Comment