Sunday, October 17, 2010

Sun 10.17 All Things New

Sun 10.17 All Things New
Rev 21:3 And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying,
Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men,
and He will dwell with them, and they shall be his people,
and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.
4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes;
and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying,
neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
5 And He that sat upon the throne said,
Behold, I make all things new.

This song is a request by my sister that I am still trying to wrap my musical mind around. But I thought you would enjoy it as much as I do.

Moving Forward by Israel Houghton

The bridge leaves me undone because it quotes the scripture above
AND takes me back to the most powerful moment in the Passion of the Christ.
Jesus looks at His mother and says those words.
With Blood dripping from His brow and
dragging the cross and shame of all our sins forward to His atoning death!
For me. It. Wrecks Me!

And there is this tension and irony everytime I hear those words because I AM a new creation but oh how much new-er I NEED to be.
Praying God would open our eyes and hearts, cleanse us and make us all new. That He would make me new for His glory before a people who need renewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment