Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Tues 10.26 Gratitude

Tues 10.26 Gratitude

Psalm 28:7
The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in Him, and I am helped. My heart leaps for joy and I will give thanks to Him in song.

Today I almost got crushed by another driver's neglect of the rules of the road, spent money on my car, became nauseous and spilled food on my shirt. But looking back, almost every time I thought " the dead can't do this thing" and "well, the Lord chose to spare me" so I still have more purpose to fulfill!"

I came home and although I am not posting a song today I am posting what makes us all sing...the reason for our joy and gratitude.

Take a moment and think of all the ways He has been good to you, small ways...then line those things up alongside how He was beaten, reviled, spat upon and then crucified to death. That was for you too. Your gratitude begins and ends with Jesus dead, buried and resurrected for YOUR salvation.

And that's something to sing about!

No comments:

Post a Comment