Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Wed 9.29 FOREVER.LOVE

Wed 9.29 FOREVER.LOVE
1 Cor 13:4-8a
Love is patient, love is kind.
It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.
It is not rude,it is not self-seeking,
it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.
Love does not delight in evil
but rejoices with the truth.
It always protects, always trusts, always hopes,
always perseveres. Love never fails.

I have been encouraging two young husbands for whom this is NOT true in their marriage when one looks at how they are treated by their wives. Their wives are barely even civil to them.
I have challenged them that it MUST stay true of how they treat their wives.
This is not my experience of love either. I learned recently that in my idealism I didn't plan to receive love that in the end did NOT perservere and DID fail me.

One husband asked me a question today that made me realize I have not given up on love. He asked if it was wrong to stay for the kids since his love for his wife was disappearing.
I had one word for him.
FIGHT. Fight for your marriage and to win your wife's heart all over again. Sprint across the finish line 50 years from now as one of the couples who made it because their love for Christ drew them together and kept them together.

Song:Forever Love Francesca Battistelli
This song matched the weather and my mood. It continues the theme from "Home" yesterday's vlog. It's a little nostalgic, maudlin maybe...but it is the tenor of my worship today as I lingered in First Corinthians 13 and realized that perhaps healing is closer than I thought because I can conceive of risking my heart again...cautiously, lol.

I think that the risk to be intimate with God and others makes up a large part of discipling and being discipled.
For who can spend time, and devote their life to someone and not risk loving them...and

Love sometimes gets hurt,
Stays despite disappointment,
Risks rejection,
Forgives the worst, seventy times seventy times,
And always, always HOPES for the best.

My heart is in His Hands and His LOVE NEVER Fails. And praying for a forever love here someday.

More News: December 3rd!
I will be departing for a short Vision Trip on December 3rd 2010 to meet the two UWM teams on the ground in France. One(the Furrs) is in the North outside Paris in BRIE.
The other(the Kims) is west of Toulouse down south in AUCH.
I'll be experiencing and participating in a taste of their ministries to see where I fit best. I leave December 3rd 2010 and return about a week later (still comparing prices).

If you would like to help with this short-term trip or on a monthly basis to help get me fully-funded before February 9th 2011 then check out the info below:
1-Go To www.uwm.org (United World Mission)

2-Click DONATE NOW
(bottom middle block (Donate Online / Invest Globally)),

3-Click NEW DONORS (unless you've given before),

4-You'll be asked to create an account where you can make a one-time OR recurring donation.

5-In comments section put Ricardo L. Walker 31348

1 comment:

  1. I am only 3 chapters in but highly recommend this book...

    http://thegospelcoalition.org/blogs/justintaylor/2010/08/08/do-you-love-your-spouse/

    ReplyDelete