Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Tue 9.7 France!

Tue 9.7 France!
After His resurrection Jesus gave a commandment that is the road map for evangelism, literally. We evangelize because we want God to be loved and glorified. Where we do this is a result of this commandment. Were it not for this commandment I wonder if any churches would reach to the "uttermost ends of the Earth" to make Him known?

Mt 28:18-20 Then Jesus came to them and said,"All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age."
When Jesus got my attention about making disciples in nations where He is not well known I immediately knew He was calling me to France because of my love for the people and desire for them to be saved.
1 Th 2:8 We loved you so much that we were delighted to share with you not only the gospel of God but our lives as well, because you had become so dear to us.
2 Tim 2:1-2 You then, my son, be strong in the grace that is in Christ Jesus. And the things you have heard me say in the presence of many witnesses entrust to reliable men who will also be qualified to teach others.
I knew God was calling me to stay long term because of these verses. You can build a whole house in a Third World country or make even hundreds of converts, all in JUST A Week but you can't build a disciple in just a week. That takes time and nurture.

My target departure date for training and then the field is February 2nd 2011. I am aiming at being fully funded by the end of the year so that I can focus on preparing for the training but I will work right up to that date if necessary.

This is one of many opportunities to get involved.
I suggest signing up to let the gift be deducted automatically by EFT(electronic funds transfer)
If you'd rather do snail mail let me know and I'll get you a reply device.
Here's the easiest way.
1-Go To www.uwm.org (United World Mission)
2-Click DONATE NOW
(bottom middle block (Donate Online / Invest Globally)),
3-Click NEW DONORS (unless you've given before),
4-You'll be asked to create an account where you can make a one-time OR recurring donation.
5-In comments section put Ricardo L. Walker 31348

No comments:

Post a Comment