Sunday, September 5, 2010

Sun 9.5 TODAY!

Sun 9.5 TODAY!
Today is the Day by Lincoln Brewster
Rm 13:8-14 Let no debt remain outstanding, except the continuing debt to love one another, for he who loves his fellowman has fulfilled the law. The commandments, "Do not commit adultery," "Do not murder," "Do not steal," "Do not covet," & whatever other commandment there may be, are summed up in this one rule: "Love your neighbor as yourself." Love does no harm to its neighbor. Therefore love is the fulfillment of the law.
And do this, understanding the present time. The hour has come for you to wake up from your slumber, because our salvation is nearer now than when we first believed. The night is nearly over; the day is almost here. So let us put aside the deeds of darkness and put on the armor of light. Let us behave decently, as in the daytime, not in orgies and drunkenness, not in sexual immorality and debauchery, not in dissension and jealousy.Rather, clothe yourselves with the Lord Jesus Christ, and do not think about how to gratify the desires of the sinful nature.

Sounds like today is the day huh? I have had an exciting weekend. New partners and a sermon that could be a road map for how to get to France. It's like Jeff was reading my journal and the deepest desires of my heart that have never been expressed aloud. It is so exciting and yet bittersweet to see our church going some places that I will not be here to see and participate in but I know that what He has in store for France will be just as exciting. So TODAY I am just grateful for my CUMC family, really I can just say my family because by action there are so many in our particular body of Christ who show me Christ every day by their love and care for me.

As always I'll close with how you can help me and the team from UWM create an experience like our CUMC family for French people who don't even know yet what they're missing!

No matter how small....don't worry, every dollar per MONTH gets me closer!
I suggest signing up to let the gift be deducted automatically by EFT(electronic funds transfer)
If you'd rather do snail mail let me know and I'll get you a reply device.
Here's the easiest way.
1-Go To www.uwm.org (United World Mission)
2-Click DONATE NOW
(bottom middle block (Donate Online / Invest Globally)),
3-Click NEW DONORS (unless you've given before),
4-You'll be asked to create an account where you can make a one-time OR recurring donation.
5-In comments section put Ricardo L. Walker 31348

No comments:

Post a Comment