Sunday, September 19, 2010

Sun 9.19 GO

Sun 9.19 GO
Gen 12:1-4
The LORD had said to Abram "Go from your country, your people and your father's household to the land I will show you.
I will make you into a great nation, and I will bless you; I will make your name great, and you will be a blessing. I will bless those who bless you, and whoever curses you I will curse; and all peoples on earth will be blessed through you."

So Abram went,
as the LORD had told him...Abram was seventy-five years old when he set out from Harran.
He took his wife Sarai, his nephew Lot, all the possessions they had accumulated and the people they had acquired in Harran,
and they set out for the land of Canaan,
and they arrived there.

I really feel a kinship with Abram. Because of his advanced age. To modern eyes his life was almost over yet God had so much more in store for him.
When he heard the call his response seems to be acceptance and obedience.
He didn't ask "WHY?" or come up with excuses for delaying his departures he packed his family and went.

To be a blessing...thereby being blessed.

My whole goal is summed up in that attitude. I really want to see God bless the people of France with Himself and I very selfishly : ) want to be a part of it. My advanced years and imperfections make it obvious any success will be his doing but I want to be available to Him and to them.

In addition to the target date of February 2nd 2011 to attend training I have been cleared to take a Vision Trip. To visit the work in progress in France, to document it some and to see how and where exactly I will fit in it! The trip has been approved for sometime before Thanksgiving!
Even though it will be sort I think it will provide such a clear vision of what the goal that it will help me better raise support.

Will you begin to pray for maximum effectiveness, fruitfulness in lived impacted and a clear picture of how I fit into the work God is already doing there?

And as always...you can help...starting even now...
Here's the easiest way.
1-Go To www.uwm.org (United World Mission)
2-Click DONATE NOW
(bottom middle block (Donate Online / Invest Globally)),
3-Click NEW DONORS (unless you've given before),
4-You'll be asked to create an account where you can make a one-time OR recurring donation.
5-In comments section put Ricardo L. Walker 31348

The video is a repost explaining the Mission to France!

No comments:

Post a Comment