Monday, September 27, 2010

Mon 9.27 LEGACY

Mon 9.27 LEGACY
Rm 16:1-7 I commend to you our sister Phoebe, a servant of the church in Cenchrea. I ask you to receive her in the Lord in a way worthy of the saints and to give her any help she may need from you, for she has been a great help to many people, including me. Greet Priscilla and Aquila, my fellow workers in Christ Jesus. They risked their lives for me.

Not only I but all the churches of the Gentiles are grateful to them.

Greet also the church that meets at their house. Greet my dear friend Epenetus, who was the first convert to Christ in the province of Asia. Greet Mary, who worked very hard for you. Greet Andronicus and Junias, my relatives who have been in prison with me. They are outstanding among the apostles, and they were in Christ before I was.

Do you see what Paul is doing here at the end of Romans? He is celebrating fruit! Not just folks he has discipled but spiritual fathers, mothers, sisters, and yes children (in the faith)!

I cannot sing ENOUGH the praises of Doug and Joan Dorman's YOUR NEXT STEP INSTITUTE. Thanx to just 3 weeks of teaching (in the Fall semester so far) I have the clearest picture of evangelism and how it goes hand in hand with discipleship.
I have this firm conviction that the purpose of our lives is to leave a legacy of spiritual generations: people we have discipled into a relationship with Jesus Christ who have gone on to disciple others who have discipled others.

I will count my life not to have been in vain if I can end it having been part of a team of believers who foster spiritual family and leave a legacy of lives changed like Paul and the early church did. I have had the privilege to do so for almost 12 yrs at CUMC. Here's to a dozen more as we watch God awaken the Dry Bones of France. Can these bones live again? YES!

No comments:

Post a Comment