Sunday, August 22, 2010

Sun 8.22 Son

Sun 8.22 Son Ex 20:12 "Honor your father and your mother, so that you may live long in the land the LORD your God is giving you." The sermon today pushed the limits of this commandment in Jesus you've-heard-it-said-...-BUT-I-say-to-you kind of way. Not just a commandment for children but a reminder for us to honor our elders our whole life long as valuable. Honoring them especially with our undivided and unhurried attention, infinite patience and maximum grace. I spent the last summer of my Grandma's life as her companion during the day. Strokes had confined her, unspeaking,  to the bed with a stomach feeding tube. But she could drink if you rubbed her throat to make sure she swallowed without choking. I would give her water and then leave the room and cry at her helplessness. I have no regrets about how present I was for what I knew then. But I realized I can love my family more and especially give my Mom more of the quality time she is always askin for! I knew she was coming today for lunch but imagine my surprise when I spotted her in the back row as we were singin after the message. God prepared today and grinned as He watched it unfold! Father to Mother to Son. I tremble 2 imagine what He has in store 4 my French brothers & sisters to be!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment