Saturday, July 31, 2010

Sat 7.31 SATISFY

Sat 7.31 SATISFY Psalm 90:14 Satisfy us in the morning with your unfailing love, that we may sing for joy and be glad all our days. 17 May the favor of the Lord our God rest upon us; establish the work of our hands for us— yes, establish the work of our hands. This has been a long season of pruning for me. I can see so many places where God is trying to challenge me into obedience and fruitfulness. I can also see a hundred ways the enemy tries to drive a wedge between me and...well almost everybody! Add to this the uncomfortable work of pulling up my roots in CUMC and MB. That has consistently been the hardest part of this season=anticipating a permanent move and weaning myself from the activities and relationships in which I am planted. Most people don't seem to understand I am leaving. Perhaps because I'm the slowest leaver ever. But I am. I hope to be funded by the end of the year. I guess God knew how I would have grieved if it had happened too fast for me to say meaningful goodbyes. So it begins. Sometimes I feel I really will have to let go of everything but Jesus in order to be ready. The song "All I Have" says Jesus all I have is you You're the hope I'm holdin to As the Heavens hold the skies It's Your hand that holds my life. And Your love will lead me on when all else is gone. Let us pray that the reward in lives touched in France will be worth all of what is given up here. And selfishly may the link between us never be broken. Even when our very souls are satisfied in the presence of His glory at the end of days.

No comments:

Post a Comment