Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Wed 7.14 RECLAIM

I'm a big fan of God's restoring, healing, reclaiming nature. It's very hard for me to ever believe any person relationship is broken beyond repair. I have been reliving this scene from Blood Diamond for days. The "son" Dia has just been rescued out of a war zone by his father Solomon Vandy and by Leo DiCaprio. The son had been kidnapped and made to kill as a child soldier, drugged and pushed to do things that made him believe he could never return home. What Solomon says to Dia we should all hear god saying to us... Isaiah 49:15...Can a mother forget her nursing child? Can she feel no love for the child she has borne? But even if that were possible, I would not forget you! 16 See, I have written your name on the palms of my hands! Jesus hands, were pierced by nails, and are the record of His atonement to RECLAIM you and restore our relationship with the Father!

No comments:

Post a Comment