Thursday, July 1, 2010

Thu 7.1 INSIDE

Thu 7.1 INSIDE John14:23 Jesus replied, “If anyone loves me, he will obey my teaching. My Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our home with him. From the INSIDE out. From in you outward to outside of you. This song always takes me back to Byron Keith's "Dear Jesus" and how we invite Jesus in but try to keep Him out of certain "rooms" in our spiritual "house." Either He will be Master of your house or He can't truly be said to live there and be at Home? How long could you live in a house with a padlock on the door of one or five rooms? Would you feel "at home?" Have you rented Jesus a room, leased the place to Him temporarily, or have you deeded your heart over to Him and handed Him all of the keys. I am Convinced that the only part of me that will stand in His presence will be what I have surrendered to Him for transformation. The rest will be burned away with Holy Fire. Lord, may we count you gain enough to lose our very selves, to find ourselves in You, in us.

No comments:

Post a Comment