Friday, July 16, 2010

Fri 7.16 BRIDE

Fri 7.16 BRIDE We are the BRIDE of Christ. Here is His promise to His BRIDE Isaiah 62:1 Because I love Zion, I will not keep still.Because my heart yearns for Jerusalem, I cannot remain silent.I will not stop praying for her until her righteousness shines like the dawn, and her SALVATION BLAZES LIKE A BURNING TORCH. 2 The nations will see your righteousness. World leaders will be blinded by your glory.And you will be given a new name by the Lord 's own mouth. 3 The Lord will hold you in His hand for all to see— a splendid crown in the hand of God. 4 Never again will you be called "The Forsaken City" s or "The Desolate Land." Your new name will be "The City of God's Delight" and "The Bride of God," for the Lord delights in you and will claim you as His bride. 5 Your children will commit themselves to you, O Jerusalem, just as a young man commits himself to his bride.Then God will rejoice over you as a bridegroom rejoices over his bride." For many reasons God invokes the language of the marriage covenant to describe His relationship WITH us and faithfulness TO us. This chapter reads like a wedding vow by the most devoted bridegroom. I can't say I have attained that kind of faithfulness but I love the Bride of Christ like this. My heart leaps in agreement with seeing her beautified before the nations TO REFLECT JESUS GLORY without spot or wrinkle for all the nations to see. On every continent in every language. Even in France. "6 O Jerusalem, I have posted watchmen on your walls; they will pray day and night, continually. Take no rest, all you who pray to the Lord . 7 Give the Lord no rest until He completes His work, until He makes Jerusalem the pride of the earth. 11 The L ord has sent this message to every land: "Tell the people of Israel, `Look, your Savior is coming. See, He brings His reward with Him as He comes.'" 12 They will be called "The Holy People" and "The People Redeemed by the L ord ."And Jerusalem will be known as "The Desirable Place" and "The City No Longer Forsaken." I learned this promise from a groom to his BRIDE for Brandon and Jill's wedding. Now hear it from Jesus to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment