Thursday, December 2, 2010

Thu 12.02 Hearts Burning

Thu 12.02 Hearts Burning

Luke 24:excepts
   Now that same day two of them were going to a village called Emmaus, about seven miles[a] from Jerusalem...15 As they talked and discussed these things with each other, Jesus himself came up and walked along with them; 16 but they were kept from recognizing Him.
 17 He asked them, “What are you discussing together as you walk along?”...
      “About Jesus of Nazareth,” they replied. “He was a prophet, powerful in word and deed before God and all the people. 20 The chief priests and our rulers handed him over to be sentenced to death, and they crucified him; 21 but we had hoped that he was the one who was going to redeem Israel.”...
   Beginning with Moses and all the Prophets, he explained to them what was said in all the Scriptures concerning himself.31 Then their eyes were opened and they recognized him, and he disappeared from their sight. 32 They asked each other, “Were not our hearts burning within us while he talked with us on the road and opened the Scriptures to us?”



   Well my heart was full as I slept in. I heard Eve get the girls up and head out. Then hours later Josias and I walked to the Boulangerie to get fresh croissants, pain(bread) and croissants aux aumondes (a delicacy like manna to me). We talked more over breakfast/lunch. We did sleep late,lol.
   We both were pensive. he asked many times when I would return. I explained the support-raising process and my goal to depart Myrtle Beach in February. After some training I would hop the next flght out to France!
   Josias seemed, like me, to expect that we will be able to make good on my promise to teach his wife Eve to play piano like I do and that we will continue this friendship. At dinner last night she and he mocked the way visiting Americans are so quick to call everyone their "best friend" and toss around the "I love you's so freely." They comments left me a little worried they saw me this way. Until we were in the car, navigating the snowy streets at high speeds, on our way to catch my train to the Furrs, UWM Missionary Team 2 outside Paris.
   Josias looked thoughtful, kinda like I felt. So I hesitantly said it was strange/funny how sad we were when we left camp 5 years ago. I tempered with how I knew it would be a long time before I returned but that even tho we joked about it last night I really felt we bonded in a non=French way like brothers. In essence he said "Me,Too!" We parted, not sad, but rejoicing in the hope of future friendship for many years to come.
   I headed to the Furrs ready for the 2nd half of this adventure. I arrived at their home and...let's just say it was amazing to connect with them and their two preschool children. I got a great picture of their journey to France and my possible roles here. If I end up in Paris.
     My heart burned with acceptance and confirmation as we shared and connected.
Pray for the next 3 days. I meet the French team leaders and Pastor Friday. Saturday I meet the American UWM Director for Europe. Sunday I see the childrens and family ministry in action in our church plant!
Pray with me for
Ears to hear, eyes to see, & heart to listen.

No comments:

Post a Comment