Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Hosanna

Mt 1:18-21 ish
This is how the birth of Jesus the Messiah came about:...Joseph her husband was faithful to the law, and yet did not want to expose her to public disgrace, he had in mind to divorce her quietly.
 But...an angel of the Lord appeared to him in a dream and said, “Joseph son of David, do not be afraid to take Mary home as your wife, because what is conceived in her is from the Holy Spirit. She will give birth to a son, and you are to give him the name Jesus, because he will save his people from their sins.”
Mt 21:4-9 ish
This took place to fulfill what was spoken through the prophet:
 “Say to Daughter Zion,
 ‘See, your king comes to you, gentle and riding on a donkey, and on a colt, the foal of a donkey.’”
...A very large crowd spread their cloaks on the road, while others cut branches from the trees and spread them on the road...and...shouted,
Hosanna to the Son of David!”


     Hosanna means "save us!" Jesus was greeted and hailed as the Savior and King the very scriptures predicted. First at His birth and 33 years later just days prior to His death. Both times by a crowd that knew they needed saving.  No one else even came close to fulfilling the prophecies about the Messiah. It's amazing to me when I realize that because Jesus wasn't what they wanted or expected, and in spite of all the evidence of miracles and wise-beyond-human-wisdom they rejected and killed Him.
    As a believer I find myself doing the same however. When Jesus guides, leads or pushes me somewhere or to something different than I "planned" I fight, kicking and screaming or call it spiritual warfare. Well, it IS warfare. But not against Satan alone, lol. The Holy Spirit is constantly waging war against my sin nature for my own good and the good of the Kingdom that is here and is to come. Praise God when we have eyes to see it and hearts to submit to it!
     When I peer into the manger, how can I help but see the Healer and Suffering Servant beyond the babe?-The Messiah and promised King, who in the manger is crowned with gold, frankincense and myrrh but later will be crowned with thorns and blood. For me. For us. God with US o SAVE us from our sins. Thru salvation and sanctification. Manger to the CrossEven today I beg Him to continue sanctifying me from the unrighteous flesh in which His reborn son resides. And He is doing that. I, like you, remain a an-under-construction.
     PS. Still waiting for news on France placement but the interviews went well and I have such a clear picture of the two church plants there!

No comments:

Post a Comment