Thursday, December 16, 2010

Gloria (Angels Heard)

Rev 21:3-5a And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, “Look! God’s dwelling place is now among the people, and He will dwell with them. They will be His people, and God Himself will be with them and be their God.‘He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death’ or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away.”
5 He who was seated on the throne said, “I am making everything new!

Song=Gloria by MercyMe

      I get stirred up so much just from envisioning Jesus enthroned in heaven and saying that to John centuries ago but now in heavenly time! I am making ALL things new. That is also my favorite moment in the movie the Passion of the Christ. Same quotation, not accurately placed but entirely appropriate as a reminder that how He made everything "new" was by reconciling us to His Father. The Father in pouring out His wrath for ALL sin was able to accept Jesus death and suffering as payment IN FULL.
      I get choked up when I think of the millions of things I have done that were included in that death-price. I get choked up thinking He thought of me personally and chose to proceed with coming in a Manger but headed to a Cross. It makes me wanna serve Him and please Him. I long at the end of my days when I stand before His throne and kneel in adoration, like the shepherds did at His birth, to hear "Well, done good and faithful servant...enter into your master's JOY!"
This song takes something old and in one of the rare cases for me, makes it new in an EQUALLY exciting and pleasing way. Hymn and carol remakes usually flop for me but I love the chorus here as much as the original. And the bridge is worth sharing here!

"How could heaven's heart not break
on the day, the day that You came?
Salvation's reason to celebrate
on the day, the day that You came!"

News:There was a hint about an invitation today to the placement I prefer. I expect news very very soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment