Saturday, June 12, 2010

Sat 6.12 Wounds

Sat 6.12 Song+Word=Wounds
It's amazing to me that Jesus called us His friends because "friends" are those who can and have hurt me the most. Relationships with people are messy! For Jesus that doesn't matter!
John 15: My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you. 13Greater love has no one than this that he lay down his life for his friends. 14You are my friends if you do what I command.15I no longer call you servants, because a servant does not know his master's business. Instead, I have called you friends, for everything that I learned from my Father I have made known to you.16You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you to go and bear fruit—fruit that will last.
Before He was born Jesus' wounding for and by his "friends" was prophesied in Isaiah 53
Surely He has borne our griefs and carried our sorrows; Yet we esteemed Him stricken, smitten by God, and afflicted. But He was wounded for our transgressions, He was bruised for our iniquities; The chastisement for our peace was upon Him, And by His stripes we are healed.
Proverbs 27:6 Faithful are the wounds of a friend, but deceitful are the kisses of an enemy.
His wounding was the price for our healing SO THAT WE WOULD LOVE EACH OTHER AND BEAR FRUIT, THAT LASTS! These are the kinds of relationships I have built with a few friends in France but wish I could do more…

No comments:

Post a Comment