Tuesday, March 13, 2012

'Brie'f Devotion...Fight the Good Fight

1 Timothy 6:11-15
Final Charge to Timothy 11 But you, man of God, flee from all this, and pursue righteousness, godliness, faith, love, endurance and gentleness. 12 Fight the good fight of the faith. 13 In the sight of God, who gives life to everything, and of Christ Jesus, who while testifying before Pontius Pilate made the good confession, I charge you 14 to keep this command without spot or blame until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ, 15 which God will bring about in his own time—God, the blessed and only Ruler, the King of kings and Lord of lords, 16 who alone is immortal and who lives in unapproachable light, whom no one has seen or can see. To him be honor and might forever. Amen.


The best things in life are worth fighting for! By linking our faith journey to this image of fighting Paul reminds us that it won't be easy, that there will sometimes be opposition, ambushes, traps, periods of waiting and inactivity, and the chaos and frenzy of battle.
YET we have a captain, a commander who is so amazing, He knows every move of His already defeated enemy and turns every evil plan to benefit His Kingdom's good!
If we just trust Him God has all the rest figured out. I have had to let Him work thru me but God is the one who knew His perfect timing for this part of my journey...the culmination of years of working and waiting. But like Paul I still put my hand to everything He called me to here in Myrtle Beach and I am richer in love and His eternal family for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment