Tuesday, May 31, 2011

40! Strong BUT Stronger in the next 40!

40! Strong BUT Stronger in the next 40!
Joshua 14:6-14 Now the people of Judah approached Joshua at Gilgal, and Caleb... said to him, “You know what the LORD said to Moses the man of God at Kadesh Barnea about you and me. I was forty years old when Moses the servant of the LORD sent me from Kadesh Barnea to explore the land. And I brought him back a report according to my convictions, but my fellow Israelites who went up with me made the hearts of the people melt in fear.
      I, however, followed the LORD my God wholeheartedly.  So on that day Moses swore to me, ‘The land on which your feet have walked will be your inheritance and that of your children forever, because you have followed the LORD my God wholeheartedly.
     “Now then, just as the LORD promised, he has kept me alive for forty-five years since the time he said this to Moses, while Israel moved about in the wilderness. So here I am today, eighty-five years old! I am still as strong today as the day Moses sent me out; I’m just as vigorous to go out to battle now as I was then.  Now give me this hill country that the LORD promised me that day. You yourself heard then that the Anakites were there and their cities were large and fortified, but, the LORD helping me, I will drive them out just as He said.”
     Then Joshua blessed Caleb son of Jephunneh and gave him Hebron as his inheritance. So Hebron has belonged to Caleb son of Jephunneh the Kenizzite ever since, because he followed the LORD, the God of Israel, wholeheartedly.
     
     I LOVE this passage. I only heard it for the first time in the Fall. I mean "heard" it, really. Mind and heart-deep. I am counting on living a parallel of this in France. I am asking for that country as an inheritance for me and one day my future children. I am counting on God that my strongest days are ahead of me. In 40 more years I plan to be as valiant and devoted in the battle for France and just as vibrant and sharp of mind! Will you pray that for and with me?
I am doing my part my exercising and eating right. My glucose levels have been normal again for weeks since I started running again! I even had ice cream and birthday cake at my Surprise Party tonite with no adverse effects!
      I leave for training in NC with a full but heavy heart. Both for the same reason...the distance from my family and friends here...many who showed up tonite for a celebration and farewell-for-now. I love you guys so much and am so proud of how you have loved me all these years. I look forward with grateful anticipation to the next 4 decades of that love and those friendships. This song is for you guys. It's not just about "How He Loves" you but how I love you!!!


Please check out the previous 2 posts to see where I am headed for the next 3 months and then where I will be moving after!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment