Monday, November 8, 2010

Mon 11.8 Significance

Mon 11.8 Significance

Job 10:8-9
“Your hands shaped me and made me...
Remember that you molded me like clay.
"

As I LISTEN to God these last few weeks, more, but still not as well as I wish, He keeps reminding me NOT to value my significance in worldly affections or where I am of service...even to Him.

A friend recommended a book called The Search for Significance about that very same subject years ago. I haven't been able to borrow it/read it but I have recommended it to others based on the summary and their need similar to mine.

I think of the Bible often as a shiny PERFECT mirror that when we hold it close enough reveals
who God is
who we are
and how far we have left
to get to who God wants us to be.

I mean like holding a mirror right up to your nose. The mirror is the perfection of God's plan and of His Son who lives in and thru us but we can still see the imperfections of the person we were before Christ just as u can see pimples and blemishes at close range.

God sees His son first, and the covering of righteousness imparted by His Blood.
Then He sees HIS OWN Craftsmanship and the potential in us to be all
THE BEST OF WHAT HE CREATED US TO BE.

Like an artist He sees HIS FINGERPRINTS.

STEVEN CURTIS CHAPMAN sang a song called The Fingerprints of God that says this well.
I pray you and I would be brave enough to draw near to God thru His word so that His word can become a mirror for us to see HIM, ourselves and others rightly,
from His Perspective. And be able to say TO GOD like the Psalmist in 139:12-14

"You created my inmost being;
you knit me together in my mother’s womb.
I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
your works are wonderful,
I know that full well."


No comments:

Post a Comment