Friday, June 5, 2009

3 New Monthly Partners & $3000 one-time donations!!! .

So some long-time friends decided their budget will include a monthly gift to support the Ricardo-to-France-Foundation.
*
That puts me at around 20% in pledges of monthly support.
*
My home church CUMC got on board with a monthly pledge and one-time gift. It is very important to me to not only have their endorsement but also their monthly support. Many times I've been asked if my church is supporting me.  At first I couldn't fathom why they wanted to know.
*
I think their need was/is just to know that the money they might give is going to be used by someone whose own church trusts them completely, enough to pour the church's own finances into the vision.
*
I also received two large one-time gifts totalling $3000. Checks aren't in my hand but are on the way! That puts me at around $12,000 or approximately 60% of one-time moving costs raised!
*
The hardest thing right now is getting people to let me present the vision. People who haven't already heard the presentation. People who can actually afford even a small monthly donation. People I don't yet know...but who are just waiting to be invited to give or pray.
*
That's where my current donors and prayer partners come in. I truly believe you have friends or family...one or two people who would be willing to sit down for dessert and coffee to hear about our mission to make disciples and support Church-planting in France.
*
I also would like to remind anyone considering supporting me at a future date that my progress NOW is being monitored. You may ask... 
*
"Why should I start giving NOW?"
*
UWM, my sending agency, can't send me based only on promises to give, or pledges as we call them. I am not considered 20% funded until 20% of my monthly budget is coming in every month. So I won't get permission to leave until 100% of my monthy budget is pledged AND coming in. And then continues to come in.
*
Sometimes ambitious of faithful missionaries stop working at 80% and do the 2 or 3 month training that precedes departure for the field while they continue to raise those last few supporters.
*
It all depends on what kind of momentum you get going in recruiting prayer and financial supporters.
*
It seems to be going slowly. The recession has made this a tricky time to ask for any kid of charitable gift. But no one feels the minutes passing more acutely than I do. Instead of support-raising I like to call it people-raising.  Even though finaces are tight for all of us I believe God is calling about 50 more people to partner with me to help bring the French from the edge of apathy back to the bosom of Christ. I remain truly encouraged that this is not only God's call but also His will for me and for my family of supporters.
*
Whatever your involvement or reason for reading I thank you for honoring me and this vision with this brief offering of your time and attention.
*
Blessings and peace in and on you and your house. In the name of the only one who is worthy. Jesus the Christ.

1 comment:

  1. I love you and am so glad you've been blogging! ..what a sweet process this is (even though I'm sure it doesn't always feel sweet!) ..you will appreciate it all the more when you get there, I know that's true!!

    ..praying for you, Brother. Glad to know you and love you and get to support you! <3

    ReplyDelete