Sunday, July 31, 2011

THREE More Weeks of Training in NC: And Guest Post="The Missionary Call"


I read the following post on another Missionary's blog and was amazed at how clearly it expressed what I have tried to say when sharing about "why France?" Suffice it to say we are all missionaries...even in our own homes.
After the article are a few surprises: a video for those who miss A Modern Psalm Project, some photos from Team training and instructions on how to get involved as a monthly partner. 3 more weeks and I'll be back in Myrtle Beach persevering until we reach 100%!
http://www.desiringgod.org/blog/posts/dont-complicate-the-missionary-call
    "I was never called to be a missionary, nor was I drafted. I volunteered. No special call was needed. I chose to go; I wanted to go; I was compelled to go. And where I go is always determined by an open Bible and a stretched-out map of the regions where Christ is still unknown and un-praised!
    I chuckle when I hear missionaries and pastors talk about “surrendering to the call” of ministry. I always want to ask, “After you surrendered, were you water-boarded, or just hauled off in handcuffs and leg irons.” Was it really necessary for you to be abducted by a heavenly vision before you would go into the work of the gospel?
    The missionary call is not like a prison dog that tracks us down, sniffs us out, and hog-ties us for the nations. That is silly-talk and really bad theology. Nowhere in Scripture is a mysterious (supernatural) call a prerequisite before we can respond to the Great Commission. The opposite is actually true.
    Don’t Wait for a Call
No aspect of mission is more bogged down with extra-biblical baggage than the “missionary call.”  The clear command of Christ “to go” should be, by itself, sufficient to set you on your way “into all the world. . . proclaiming the gospel to the whole creation” (Mark 16:15). You can’t go wrong by trying to go. Trust the Lord to direct your moving feet. If you are convinced of your “call” to “stay”, this will only serve as added confirmation that you are right. Don’t fear the risk of ending up some place the Lord doesn’t want you. Too many already took that “risk” when they assumed a stateside ministry or vocation with no confirmation other than their own desires.
    Dramatic calls to ministry are the exception. If you have it in your heart to go, then go. Then, lean on the sovereignty of God to get you where he wants you in the harvest. Don’t worry about “running ahead of God.” You aren’t that quick!
    Try to Go
Paul tried to go into Asia, but the Lord wouldn’t let him. He then tried to go to Bithynia, but was “kept by the Holy Spirit from preaching the word in the province of Asia.” Still, he kept trying to go. I count at least six cities in Acts 16 where Paul tried to take the gospel. It was only then that the Lord gave him a vision of the Macedonian. He woke up the next morning and immediately headed for the regions north, having “concluded that God had called them to preach the gospel in Macedonia.
    The heavenly vision wasn’t a “call” to mission, it was specific guidance for missionaries that were already going.
    The point?  Don’t complicate the missionary call. Get radical with the going and God will get radical in the specific guiding."
David Sitton is the founder and president of To Every Tribe Ministries. David is a career church planting missionary who lived and worked in Papua New Guinea for 16 years, making first gospel contact with several headhunting, cannibalistic tribes.
_________________________________________________________
Training in NC is going well. Heavy work load, requiring significant self-analysis to learn how to present just the Gospel so the French hear the Gospel, not Ricardo's American Christianity. I'd like to remind readers that I am still available to travel to your area to share. I am at about 66% but still need monthly partners to join us until we reach 100%. ONLY then can I actually move and join the work already in progress in France. So if you can help give me a call. Or you can take the initiative and present about France FOR me in your small group! : )
I can travel the following dates:

August 13th-14th
August 20th until 100%
(843)446-3348 or Walker.Ricardo@gmail.com to schedule.

For those who want send cards or letters of encouragement : )
ADDRESSES: For US Mail:
Ricardo L.Walker
c/o CIT PO Box 250
Union Mills, NC 28167

To donate & partner with me for France with Brie church
1-Go to www.uwm.org
2-Click Give
3-Click Register (to Create an Account)
4-Click Missionary and choose Walker, Ricardo 31348 from a drop down list
5-Make your first donation and set it as recurring! A bientot (see ya soon)!

Photos of Team Training below video...A bientot!

Last week's and this week's training is focused on TEAMS, healthy ones, how to lead them and how to follow well, how to communicate in them...
We have forged such a bond, we families headed to every corner of the globe that. So much so that we succeeded on the first try at most of the team tasks to the surprise of the facilitators. Love brings trust which is critical to effective teams!
1-Winshape Team Activities : I'm READY!
2 Blindfold or mute. I was mute.
Carry "nuclear waste" without spilling it.
3 Lava and boards=Stones to make a moving bridge.
4-1st real team effort.
 Cross the lava without touching the ground.
Stones must never be un-touched.
We lost 3 stones before we perfected working together.
5 Everyone on the stones trying to figure out
 how much more we could tighten up
 to start passing the stones forward?

6 Getting Directions on how 
to re-build the women's structure.
7 Just listen.
8 Hurry, before I forget!
9 Here's what I remember, lol!

10 Did we get it guys?
11 Perfect replica!
12 Followers Blindfolded and Leader,
who can see, is mute.
 I did ok, lol. Mute is not my thing!

13 How'd I end up on the women's team?

14 As much as I hated leading the blind I hated being blindfolded more.

15 How do you help a woman step thru a swing
without telling her that's what she's doing?
16 By now the blinfdolded had warned
 their teammates we were crossing thru a swing!
17 First activity where I felt my size
and weight were a benefit to the team.
18 Trust activity-1st try.
After, the 2nd time with another team member
of equal weight we made it to the end of the V
 leaning forward on just each others' hands
at about a 55 degree angle each!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment