Sunday, May 24, 2009

An Autobiography : Preface- Who Is Ricardo and Why France?

PREFACE

I really needed to vent and process in writing the seasons and steps along this journey that led me to be who I am now. So several posts of this blog are devoted to an autobiography of sorts. It is not exhaustive but it is long. There are 12 Chapters (as of 08/08/09). All can be found along the right margin under May. They should be read in numerical order Preface, then Chapters 1-12, but they are filed chronologically (12,11,this Preface,10, 9,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8).

Warning:Chapter 1 deals with some issues of abuse.

You see, I don’t believe you can understand fully “Why France?” until you see what led me to France in the 1st place. You have to know this skinny kid who arrived there as ‘Rick’ and left as a young man named “Ricardo.”

I’ll apologize now for some artistic license. I am sure somewhere there is a rule against switching back and forth between the first person and the third person when referring to one’s own self. However I wrote it like I felt it.

About names. Yes I reveal my full name. Mainly because many of you will correctly assume my family calls me Rick. Rick and Nick. And it’s important to see our full names to see how my names caused an identity search that spanned two continents.

This does not convey permission to use my middle name or other nicknames. No one calls me Ricky. I don’t know why it produces such nausea in me but I can’t even accept joking about it. And my middle name just doesn’t suit me. It’s a little embarrassing when said aloud. But I digress.

The important thing to notice is that I was Rick until I figured out who I was, but when I did I became Ricardo and the two are definitely NOT the same person.

I have broken the narrative into chapters that can each be read in one sitting or skipped.

There are other postings relating to the Missionary-to-be and his curent thoughts and activities. But if you wanna know the person and why he is who he is, then read on.

No comments:

Post a Comment